Intimate partner violence is pervasive... affecting 1 in 4 women in this country. Recent reports indicate that intimate partner violence has already entrenched itself in every mid to moderate-size company at a cost of over $4 billion per year in lost productivity, increased healthcare costs, and absenteeism. To help organizations manage this growing problem, the Center for Personal Protection and Safety is proud to announce the release of SILENT STORM, an instructional video training program designed to increase awareness of intimate partner violence and provide tools to increase safety in the workplace.
Specifically, Silent Storm covers these critical topics:
- Recognizing the signs of intimate partner violence
- Common myths surrounding intimate partner violence
- Understanding the full range of impact on the workplace
- Courses of action when addressing it in your workplace
- Ways to help victims get the support they need